WhatsApp stickers or stickers are a funny and fun way to convey thoughts and feelings on conversations in the WhatsApp application. But what if you want to make your own collage of stickers? Here’s how to do it in WhatsApp for iPhone as well as for Android.
All you need in this tutorial are some photos and the Sticker.ly app, which is available for free on iPhone and Android phones. The app also has a built-in tool that lets you remove the background from images, so you can create transparent stickers to look stylish in your chat.
How to create a professional sticker for WhatsApp
There are many WhatsApp messaging app users wondering how to set a sticker on WhatsApp. That is why we have prepared this quick explanation that allows you to learn how to make your own WhatsApp stickers.
First, download the Sticker Dot Me app for iPhone or Android. You should also collect the photos that you will use to create WhatsApp stickers. After that, you can go to the steps on how to make a sticker for WhatsApp.
If you want to create a collage of stickers using your selfies, make sure to take selfies with a neutral background to make it easier for the app to remove the background.
Steps to make a WhatsApp sticker and add it to the application
After you have downloaded and installed the sticker application on your phone and obtained the images that you want to use as sticker images, you are now ready to start making stickers for WhatsApp.
- Open the Sticker.ly application and log in with your Google or Facebook account
- Click on the + icon at the bottom
The app will ask you for permission to access the photos on your phone, accept the request
- Choose between ‘Regular’ or ‘Animated’ (in this example we will choose a regular sticker)
- Find the photo on your phone that you want to use
You must make the background of the image transparent. Click on the ‘Manual’ option to crop the part you want to appear, or ‘Auto’ to allow the app to scan the image and delete the background automatically. In this example we will use the ‘Auto’ option because it is faster and better.
Within seconds, the app will remove the background and resize it to the perfect size for WhatsApp conversations. If parts of the image were removed by mistake, click on the ‘Adjust’ option.
- Click ‘Erase’ to remove the parts of the background that were not deleted. Or click on ‘Restore’ to restore the partitions that were deleted by mistake
- When the image appears the correct way, press ‘Apply’
- You can add emojis by clicking on ‘Emoji’
- You can also add a word or phrase to the poster by pressing ‘Text’.
Note: Use two fingers to move and resize the text.
- When finished, click ‘Next’ to confirm the changes
- Click the ‘Save’ button to save the changes
- Enter a name for the sticker pack and make it private if you like, then click ‘Create’.
- Repeat the same process in order to create other WhatsApp stickers in the pack
- When you’re done, tap on the green icon to add the sticker pack to WhatsApp
- Skip the application ads and you will see a message, click on ‘Add’
You’re done with the Sticker.ly app, you can now open the WhatsApp app and start using the stickers you created. You will find it in the stickers window inside the chat and choose the new package from the list.
If you want to share your WhatsApp sticker pack with your friends for them to use as well, just send me the share link available in the sticker dot app.
When you add stickers to your WhatsApp account for iPhone or Android, they will automatically sync with your other devices, including the web version of WhatsApp as well as the WhatsApp for PC program.